We’ve been eating lots of soup lately for lunch. It is cold here and soup really does the trick.
A wonderful hearty soup. My version has a little added heat.
- 1 Knife
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 vegetable peeler
- 1 lb Italian sausage formed into small meatballs
- 3 potatoes large, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots medium, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 onions medium, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves large, chopped
- 8 oz cavolo nero dark kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 handful parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 8 oz crème fraîche low fat
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning dried herb blend
- Add oil to pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add meatballs and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove meatballs and set aside.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic to pot.
- Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!